Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It Is All In the Presentation...

So I am traveling this past weekend and I am at the airport drinking my daily dosage of OJ and waiting for my "zone" to be called.  Sidenote, even at the boarding gate, we practice classism!  I digress...as I am sitting and people watching, a thought came into my head and it was about an article I read some time ago about how Americans dress when we fly.  It stated that Europeans think Americans are the worst dressed when it comes to travel. I think I might have to agree!

If Love Connection happened at the airport, we would be a very lonely world!  Have you actually seen what we wear on our way to another city? Have we no shame?  I saw folks in their pajamas, no really, their PJ's, like, what they slept in, like I-am-going-to-roll-out-of-bed-and-drive-straight-to-the-airport pajamas!  Women in curlers, guys in wife-beaters, men and women with just socks on, no shoes.  I know TSA has made it kind of hard for us to wear what we want but come on folks!!! 

Do we think about who we might meet?  Are we not ambassadors of our own city when we travel abroad? What if you met your next boss on the plane? One thing he will not do is send you on business travel!!!!!

My point, it is about presentation.  My favorite show of all time is The Cosby Show and here is a clip that represents my point.  It is about presentation in everything that we do.  When I enter a barbershop, I am going to go to the barber that has the best looking shape-up.  Why? Because he is giving me his best presentation.  Ladies, when you enter the beauty salon, does your hair stylist look like a H.A.M.?

Are we too afraid to show our best to the world?  Do we oftentimes not show our best self when it comes to relationships?

As men, we should actively show our best every minute of every day in thought, in dress, in love.  The next time you want to wear your polka dot pajama pants and wife beater to the airport, stop and think for a minute and realize this is your introduction to the world.  Is it really????

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!! But you know me eye beez fresh to def! ~ sandy

    ReplyDelete