Monday, August 1, 2011

I Knew Your Girl

I went in a little deep last week so I will lighten it up for my readers.  Before I start I would like to thank you all for reading and following my blog weekly.  I have received a lot of positive comments in person and through other mediums and it is greatly appreciated.  Keep reading and pass it on!!!

This week I am writing about a topic sent to me from a close friend inspired by a song called "I Knew Your Girl" by Joe.  If you do not know the song, click the title and take a listen for yourself.  The gist of the song is that a guy dated or sexed a friend of his current girl/wifey and he never told her.  So in this song, he is confessing about his past transgressions with this friend to his girl.

To give this situation a real life scenario:

Carlton is currently dating a young lady named Jenny.  They go to a summer cookout and Carlton runs into a past "situation" by the name of Samantha.  Samantha just so happens to be friends with Jenny; they went to undergrad together.  Carlton keeps his cool but has to seriously think about what to do next.

Does Carlton confess to Jenny about Samantha when they are alone or does he take Samantha "to the grave" and not ever mention it to Jenny?

If Carlton decides to confess to Jenny, does he go into detail or does he pull a Seinfeld and "yadda yadda yadda" the good stuff?

If he does not tell Jenny but Samantha does and then Jenny approaches Carlton about it, what is Carlton suppose to say?  Or is Carlton screwed at this point?

Speak out!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that's an issue when you're dealing with adults. If Jenny and Samantha were "that close of friends," Jenny would've already known that Samantha had relations w/ Carlton. If they are just associates, I don't think it really matters. Either way, it sounds like something that would've taken place very "pre-Jenny" so who can be mad at that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous" you must not live in the DMV. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE! Women are very territorial here. I know a guy who had his ankle gnawed on for simply being out the house too long! Dude got teeth mark scars to prove it! #biteouttacrime?

    Best believe (as a man) if you say a little too much to the waitress you will get the side eye and a kick under the table. So don't let you run into your EX (with your current girl) who happen to be best friends from the past. That's grounds for an automatic argument. Silent treatment, slashing of the tires, demolition of the closet, etc. Even though the interaction was in the past and over, there's no getting over that. Especially the way the song is being told "before I hooked up with you, I used to blow out her back"? WOW...I think If I told my lady that in a real conversation I would be missing teeth and have a permanent swollen lip. Some things are best kept in the past. To be real all the drama arises when the EX exposes the relationship JUST TO PISS OFF THE CURRENT PIECE. I mean really...Carlton is screwed! But just for the record...if this situation was reversed in real life ala The Best Man...Harper would have been been made a street pancake, Lance would have caught the charge and would be currently serving 25 to life and Quentin would have not DARED got in the middle of that tussle! Men don't play this. Dating a mans friend is along the lines of having a very contagious disease. We dont even want you around. Any and all items must be burned and discarded immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late on this one b/c I am playing blog catuch up tonight. One word HONESTY! Too many people keep information, making decisons for others. I ask for HONESTY. If Carlton is aware of the friendship btw Samantha and Jenny, the best thing for him to do is tell her, he might be surprise by her reaction, and what she does is her choice. He should not choose for her, she might say, hey guess what, Jenny and I had relations too, wanna threesome? You never know. Then again, she might say, that stank b, you were up in that, she slept w/ all (literally) all the athletes on campus, you need to take a test for sure (if you haven't). Like the younger persons would say...keeping it one hundred is always the best policy. Don't choose for me by being dishonest and/or omitting the truth, let me make my own decisions.

    ReplyDelete