Monday, July 18, 2011

Women: Just A Touch

I "preach" about being a better man day-to-day.  It is a process that will probably take a lifetime but I cannot lie, I am enjoying the ride.  As I grow and get better, certain ideals, theories, or just plain facts are accepted into my consciousness which in turn help me to grow and move further along in my development process.  One of the "just plain facts" I have come to accept is that EVERYTHING needs a woman's touch.  Wait for it, let it sink in, okay, I will repeat, everything needs a woman's touch.

Ever see a bachelor pad pre-marriage and then go to that same living quarter once the wife has moved in?  He mine as well have moved into another space; once a woman moves in, anything "bachelor-like" is tossed and she gives it her personal, woman-esque touch. (Typical stuff like drapes, matching towels, candles, plants, etc)  But now that living space is livable and for all intensive purposes, a better place. 

Sometimes a presentation needs a woman's touch, a man's ensemble may need a lady's attention or even his career could use a female perspective.  Regardless of the case, as men, we have to realize the value in our counterpart's perspective and listen, absorb, understand, then implement it. 

I recently sat down with a woman I have a lot of respect for and she really put my life and who I am in perspective.  She was able to safely communicate my flaws but also highlighted the great characteristics I do possess which gave herself and our conversation a lot of validity and credibility. I felt like she got me, she understood me. 

She encouraged me to always be me but gave me some solutions on how to fix the not-so-great-parts.  She was very trasparent and genuine and that made me feel good but better, I felt empowered!  I walked away with a plan and a new outlook but I was very thankful and gracious to this young lady for even taking the time to give my life her personal touch.  She left her fingerprints on my window pane; she authored a small chapter in my book of life and for that I will always be in debt to her.

As a man though, I had to be open to not only being told about how great I am, I had to be open to some of the things I am not so great at and accept it.  Once I accepted my "flaws", it was up to me to want to fix those things and become a better man.  And all it took was a WOman to help me do it. 

Fellas, do you have a female or females in your life that play this role? A lady that can talk to you and reach you in places that we often shut off or shutdown.  If not, can you identify someone you respect enough to tell you about yourself, enough to inspire change?

Ladies, is there a man you know that would benefit from your personal touch?  Have you reached out to him?

In the mortal words of Rob Base, IT TAKES TWO TO MAKE A THING GO RIGHT!!!! 

I am because we are and we are because I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment