Sunday, April 17, 2011

Loving Your Homeboy's Sister...

In the spirit of Spring Fever and this wonderful 70 degree weather, we will keep with the love affair between man and woman and keep breaking down walls in defining Man Code.  This week is a topic rarely talked about; dealing with, in any capacity, your homeboy's sister. 

Scarface screamed on Manolo (Manny) for even thinking that his little sister was "beautiful."  Most men feel a certain way about their friends speaking on, much less getting with, their sister (older or younger) and will not bite their tongue in expressing their objection with a threat of violence if said friend was ever to cross the line. 

Is there ever a time when it is okay for your homeboy to get with your sister?  Ladies, have you ever been in a position where you smitten or wanted to get with big brother's best friend?  Fellas, what would you do if you ever found out your sister was sneaking around behind your back with your homeboy?

4 comments:

  1. Jay Z said "had to turn away when Tony killed Manolo". I do not agree I think he got what was coming to him. Some things are off limits and my sister is one of them. Even if my boy had the best of intentions, he better not act on it. Whats next, your friend gonna move in on your spouse because he know about that thing that happened in Vegas. Lines have to be drawn. Every friendships dynamic is different. My boys know I am irrational and this would send me over the edge. I guess if one of them is willing to suffer the consequences and try to make a run at it, that is on them. I know that I would never allow that to happen though and if they tried to sneak behnd my back and do it WELL you see how that worked out for Manolo!

    -Gutter-

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother and I are only 10 months apart so this topic is very relevant to us. We have had this discussion plenty of times before and pretty much his answer is always that this is absolutely unacceptable. No exceptions. I'm cool with most of his homeboys, but that's where the line is drawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cass. Me and my older brother are two years apart and he hates it when I even mention that one of his boys is cute. When I asked him why he's so against even the idea of me dating one of his friends he brought up a good point: he knows how messed up his boys could be so even if homeboy had really good intentions, in the back of his mind my brother would know what he was capable of doing. I can dig it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friends and my sister know DAMN well im the bridge to their relationships and you know what they say about burning bridges.

    ReplyDelete